Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week 3

The lesson today comprised of the search engines Google and Google scholar. We were told to perform searches on the topics that we have chosen on each of the search engines and compare each of the sites on certain bases.

The stark difference between Google.com and Google scholar would definitely lie in its search results where Google offers a vast variety of resources where on the other hand google scholar gives precise results.

I believe Google scholar is more effective in helping me find the resources for my topic. The results of my search using google were more general and included informative sites however the sites were of much less significance as compared to the search results using that of google scholar.

I am also very impressed by google scholar’s timespan search as I am able to have the most up to date information in my searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment