After the lesson taught by our EIR teacher, I was very impressed by the google's search functions and features. This is because with google, I can not only search for million results using the basic search, but also using phase searching and power search to find an more accurate result regarding to my topic. Also, I can filter my search by using the advanced search page, for example, If I only wan English language for my search results, then I can click to select the specific language I want to see from my search results.
I feel that the participation in discussion forum is quite interesting. To my surprise, I found that one of the discussion forum I participated in is actually very active, as quite a lot of people participate in the discussion forum everyday. But I still see some disadvantages, like people skipping your post and just post their own views and opinions. But with such an active discussion forum, I still see people trying their best to correct your mistakes when you are in wrong, and helping the community by giving a lot of information and tips regarding the topic I am researching on. Talking to other strangers in the discussion forum makes me feel safer and I am not a little anxious about the discussion. Overall, the discussion forum is very good, and helpful to my research.
The reasons why must I do citation are that it is to acknowledge the source of information, and without or inadequate citations mean plagiarism. Also, citation is an essential feature in a research work. The reason why must I do bibliography is that I can identify the sources I have cited in my paper, and represents the research I have done in preparation for writing and offers others some suggestions for further reading on the topic I have researched.
Lastly, I find that Twitter is not really effective for this type of serious discussion. I personally find that twitter is more towards "playing", thus I find Tweeting about my experiences in unnecessary. Writing my experiences in this blog is actually much better. (At least the teacher can see that we are doing our work.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment